Patrimony

Nossa Senhora do Amparo Chapel

This Chapel is also known as Solar de Água de Mel

The Nossa Senhora do Amparo Chapel dates from 1698, and there are accounts that rise the possibility of being rebuilt at the end of the 15th century by D. Bartolomeu de Sá Machado, owner of adjacent lands where the headquarters of Solar de Água de Mel estate was located. The chapel maintains to this day the architectonic traits from its original construction.

Location:

Caminho da Penteada Nº 39

Share:

Back to list

© 2022 Visit Santo António. All rights reserved.

Website developed by Associação Insular de Geografia & iGrow.